Watching the endless ebb and flow we see how waves comb a beach, incessantly sorting the sand from the shingle in delicate patterns. Tireless the waves do their work, though few may have time to notice the results.
The pictures show how a combed beach is by its very nature a short-lived thing that waves and footsteps are quick to distort and erase.
The tool is accompanied by a label on which is printed the following:
BEACH-COMB – A CONTEST IN HUMILITY FOR 2 PLAYERS
1) Use the tool to comb a beach.
2) Waves have the next move.
3) Use the tool to comb the beach again.
4) Waves have the next move.
5) Repeat step 3 as often as necessary.
6) Neither player loses.